Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dominic Kelly's "My song is love unknown"

Forget about Marty Haugen and AmChurch "hymns" for a moment, and just listen to this. Then ask yourself why we endure what we do.

Justin Taylor, a thoughtful blogger from Wheaton, Illinois, linked to this piece of music in his posting, entitled simply, "beFriended" [sic] (Between Two Worlds, July 16, 2009). There one reads:
Ray Orlund:
I cannot listen to "My Song Is Love Unknown" . . . without being moved to the depths of my being that I have such a Friend. If you have him too, you know what I mean. If you don't have him, you can. Are you willing to be beFriended?

Willingness is all he asks.


Dom Kelly on Songs of Praise 8th Feb 09. Dom is joined by Emily Ogilvie as they accompany the St Martins Church Choir, who sing "My Song Is Love Unknown".

[Hat tip to E.E.]

No comments: