Saturday, April 21, 2007

Opnion: Why embryos are cooler than kids

Julia Gorin, "Family Matters: Fetal Attraction" (Opinion Journal, from The Wall Street Journal editorial page, April 19, 2007):
. . . I'll be honest. I don't particularly like kids. But I do have a thing for fetuses--and embryos. Friends are puzzled as to why, considering my indifference to children, I get all stirred up about abortion. After all, they say, fetuses and embryos aren't "children" or even "babies."

Bingo. The thing is, whatever these creatures are, they've got kids beat by a mile. Bear with me for a minute--especially if you're a self-absorbed broad like me. See, many a selfish chick has told me that, if knocked up, she'd go the abortion route over adoption. . . .

Feminists heralded the proliferation of abortion as a tool by which to "empower" women and give them control over their lives and destinies. But power is being pregnant. . . .
Read on . . .

[Hat tip to E.E.]

No comments: